Archive for the ‘UMPC’ Category
You can still visit us at WindowsontheGO.com/blog for all your Windows News!!
Asus is coming out with a new line of Ultra Mobile PC’s which are going to be a) very low in cost and b) very small & portable in size.
The Asus Eee will come with a Linux OS but is capable of running Windows XP!!
There are currently 4 versions being announced…
The SPH P9200 makes other Samsung UMPC’s look like garbage…
The way the P9200 opens is hard to explain so maybe this will help…
The P7200 will have the following specs:
- Windows XP
- Via C7-M processor (BS, but maybe you need to look at the design again)
- 30 GB hard drive
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- Sim Card slot (hopefully with built in GSM line… but most likely only for data)
- 5 inch touch display with a resolution of 800x 480
Some more Pics:
The P9200 can also be used like this:
The P9200 is no doubt an excellent UMPC. This being the first prototype explains the lack of good specs. However in the near future Samsung will definitly release another version with Windows Vista, better battery performance and a faster CPU. There is no word on Pricing or release data but we will keep you posted!!
I just got word from our supplier that the HTC Shift will be shipping late October/early November. The first shipment is going to be very limited due to the high demand. We have already started to take pre-orders for the first shipment so reserve yours now before its too late!! email us for the latest pricing details at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windows Vista Business & SnapVUE
- 2 Processors; Intel 800 MHz & Qualcomm 400 MHz
- 1 GB RAM for Vista and 64Mb for SnapVUE
- 7 inch display with a resolution of 800×480
- Quadband GSM with HSDPA (data connection only, no built in phone capability)
- Standalone GPS
- USB, VGA out and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- SDHC expandable memory
- Bio-metric fingerprint scanner
The OQO is one of the smallest and best looking UMPC’s out there. The OQO offers a wide range of specificiations and im not sure how they fit everything in such a small package.
Currently the older OQO 02 is available and cost over $2000. The new upgraded version is not yet available and will be on sale soon.
The standard OQO 02 has:
- Windows Vista
- 1Gb RAM
- 1.5 GHz processor
- 60 GB hard drive
- 5 inch display
The OQO will be available here at Windowsonthego.com very soon so keep checking back!!
This blog is not only about Windows Mobile but also ANYTHING that runs Windows on it… The Shift is the first Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC) from HTC and probably the most anticipated thus far!! Here are some Specifications:
- Windows Vista & Windows Mobile 6 Professional
- 7 inch display
- 30 GB hard drive
- 1.2 GHz Processor
- Fingerprint scanner